You Know What They Say: Location, Location, Location Posted November 29, 2017
At Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites, we are proud to say we are the number #1 rated hotel in Saanich on TripAdvisor.
Where is Saanich?
Saanich borders the City of Victoria, and Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites is a mere 10 minute drive from Downtown Victoria. Public transportation offers direct access to downtown Victoria every 20 minutes from the hotel.
What is Saanich?
According to our reliable friends at Wikipedia: “The District of Saanich is a district municipality on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, within the Greater Victoria area. The population was 114,148 at the 2016 census, making it the most populous municipality in the Capital Regional District (fancy name for Victoria area) and Vancouver Island, and the eighth-most populous in the province. The district adopted its name after the Saanich First Nation, meaning “emerging land” or “emerging people”. The District acts as a bedroom community immediately to the north of Victoria, British Columbia”.
Saanich contains a long shoreline with sandy beaches located at a number of ocean bays. The topography is undulating with many glacially scoured rock outcroppings. Elevations range from sea level to 229 metres (751 ft).The physical setting is greatly influenced by water. There are 8.1749 square kilometres (3.1563 sq mi) of fresh water lakes and 29.61 kilometeres (18.40 mi) of marine shoreline.
Points of Interest in Saanich and Near Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites:
- University of Victoria (UVIC)
- Camosun College (Lansdowne)
- Camosun College (Interurban)
- PISE (Pacific Institute for Sports Excellence)
- Mount Douglas
- Mount Tolmie
- Bear Hill
- Hartland Mountain Bike Park
- Dominion Astrophysical Observatory
- Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park
- Cordova Bay Beach
- Cadboro Bay Beach
- Gyro Park
- Butchart Gardens & Butterfly Gardens (technically Central Saanich)
- Horticulture Centre of the Pacific
- Saanich Peninsula Wineries (try a tour)
- Victoria General Hospital (technically View Royal, but very close to Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites)
- Saanich Commonwealth Place
- Galloping Goose and Lochside Trail
- Prospect Lake
- Cordova Bay Golf Course
- Mount Doug Golf Course
- Cedar Hill Golf Course
As you can see if you are thinking about traveling to Victoria, think of Saanich first!
Secure your room now by calling 1-866-300-4656 or book here.
Digital Concierge Posted January 30, 2016
How to take advantage of our digital concierge.
We are very proud to be the only hotel in Victoria to offer a digital concierge. Because it is a new concept, we have decided to provide you with a step by step guide on how to best take advantage of this service. This service will be able to offer you real-time support with in hotel service requests, local tips, assistance and recommendations. Forget your toothpaste? All you need to do is tweet us, and we will bring you some!
Step 1: Go to twitter.com, and create a free account. Alternatively, you can download the twitter app from the App Store or Google Play on your phone.
Here is a guide on how to use Twitter: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/how-to-use-twitter/
Step 2: Follow us on Twitter. You can find us @hojovic or twitter.com/hojovic
Step 3: Tweet us (@hojovic) with your request, and we will do our best to accommodate it. Here are a few examples of what you can tweet:
- @hojovic I forgot my toothbrush, can you bring me one?
- @hojovic I would like to book a tee time at the closest 18 hole golf course
- @hojovic what bus would I have to catch to get downtown?
- @hojovic I would like a reservation at a local fine dining restaurant
- @hojovic where is the closest movie theatre?
- @hojovic I would like to book a whale watching tour
- @hojovic where is the closest gas station?
- @hojovic where is the best jogging trail in the area?
- @hojovic my dog is sick, where is the closest vet?
- @hojovic what channel is movie central and HBO?
Go ahead and get creative with your tweet, although we may not be able to accommodate it, we always enjoy a good laugh.
Step 4: Put your feet up, relax, and wait for a response. We pride ourselves on being able to respond to your request quickly, but depending on the time of day/night we may take a bit longer. If we require private information, we will direct message you.
Step 5: Give yourself a high five for using our digital concierge service.